Monday, August 29, 2011

Prue Acton's Fashion

Page Heading

Go-Set: 9 February 1966, Page 8
For a magazine to have a successful fashion outlook, it would probably be essential to have a big name fashion maker within the pages. Go-Set had Prue Acton.
When I was researching the thesis I managed to get an interview with Prue, as she lived in a nearby region and was coming into Canberra for a function and agreed to allow me to interview her.
I was quite surprised when she said that she was not aware that Go-Set had a column that featured her fashion, she was quite surprised by the pages I showed her.
In fact she said that she thought it was the work of one her assistants.
From the perspective of the Go-Set reader, it is highly likely that they were unaware of the actuality of the situation. I am not sure the Go-Set editors had any knowledge of the position!!
This area is certainly worth more research, so who knows what the research will find out!?

No comments:

Post a Comment